NOW, WHAT IS SAFE MOTHERHOOD CAMPAIGN ALL ABOUT?
Compassionate quality obstetric (childbirth) care that is available, affordable and accessible to all pregnant women is our message to achieve 100% safe delivery of all pregnant women.
Motivating pregnant women to accept skilled childbirth Care through Education appears more challenging than the capacity to offer such care. Hence, the need for field representatives/campaigners to sell the message to pregnant women and all categories of childbirth attendants who take care of them.
This platform is to enlist campaigners and to mentor them. A campaigner may be a health care providers or non-health care providers, a skilled childbirth attendants or non-skilled childbirth attendants, provided he or she is prepared to learn. Every campaigner needs mentoring in other to understand the message, and to be effective in communicating same to the prospects.
The campaigners are expected to take the message of Safe Delivery to all institutions, organizations, businesses and people who have one-on-one contact with pregnant women and their spouses. The message will be conveyed through seminars, programmes, books, booklets, videos, podcasts and other educational materials and platforms.
Each campaigner is also financially rewarded in proportion to his contribution.
The bottom line is that participants are willing to update themselves on issues of pregnancy and childbirth care that can preempt and handle challenges that take lives or cause sicknesses. This will make them impactful campaigners.
- Caesarean section
- Assisted breech delivery/breech extraction
- Repair of cervical, vaginal and perineal tears
- Handling uterine rupture
- Vacuum Extraction
- Evacuation of Retained products of conception
- Counselling skills
- Psychological skills
- Teaching skills and skills in the organization of antenatal clinic
- Model obstetric practice by safe motherhood specialist maternity hospital LTD.
- Surgical skills
- Spiritual (prayer) skills
- Social skills
- Medical skills
- Skills in dispensing mercy
- Handwashing and application of infection protective devices
- Skills in induction of labour
These skills can be sold as tapes, CDs or through the website.
Information that can save pregnant women and their babies are encapsulated into
- Exercise books
- Educational programmes on TV, Radio, Website, Social Media, etc.
- Interventional skills
Campaigners are marketers of safe motherhood products in the following platforms:
- Others Religious bodies
- Business centres
- Corporate bodies
- National youth service corps
- Patent medicine shops
- Meetings of patent medicine dealers
- Schools of health technology
- Medical schools
- Nursing/midwifery schools
- Seminaries/bibles schools
- Health-related professional bodies such as SOGON, NMA
- Motor parks
- Any other place people meet or do business
The ultimate goal is to establish Safe Motherhood units and bookshops in the various platforms mentioned earlier to institutionalize the dissemination of pregnancy-related information, books, educational materials and programmes. They are to make organizations and institutions that receive our works institutional vendors of SMEEIs works.
PROSPECTS OF FIELD REPRESENTATIVES
- Financial Prospect:
- Campaigners will receive 20% of the cost of the books, CDs, Vests, Caps or interventional skills they sell.
- Campaigners who organize seminars will receive 20% of all that accrued to SMEEI from each seminar.
- Campaigners will also receive 20% of amount paid by people they refer for mentoring or skills acquisition through our website.
- Campaigners will receive 10% of the cost of surgeries done on patients referred to Safe Motherhood Hospitals by them.
- Skill Acquisition: Any field representative who wish to be involved in childbirth care can go for the skills acquisition programme, go through them and receive certificate of proficiency.
- Certification: Those who successfully go through the mentorship programme will receive a certification of participation and identify card, and those who go through the skills acquisition programme will receive a certificate of proficiency.